Bodywork & Complementary Therapies
by Samantha James
Samantha worked in the Health and Social Care sector with adults with mental health Issues and complex needs and has been a tutor for alternative education for a combined 18 years.
She has been practicing Sports and Bodywork for eight years both privately and within local clinics. She has passionately trained in many modalities of Bodywork, Sports Therapy and Complementary Therapies She believes Bowen, Manual Therapy and Massage are powerful and profound therapies which can assist not only physical rehabilitation but also energetic and emotional recovery. Each treatment is tailored to the individual’s ever-changing needs.
Bodywork is her passion: helping people with chronic pain, postural dysfunction, compensation patterns, injuries and muscle tension. Whether this is caused by physical or emotional trauma, or repetitive activities. She has recently completed her L5 Clinical and Sport Therapies Diploma and is currently studying Sports Science at Marjon University, so that she can integrate Strength and Conditioning, Nutrition and Biomechanics into her injury rehabilitation work with clients.
Alongside an in-depth structural assessment, she uses a variety of Manual Therapy techniques including: Sports Therapy techniques, Injury Assessment tests, Fascial Release, Dry Needling, Mobilisations, Electrotherapy/Ultrasound, Myofascial Dry Cupping, Strapping & Taping and kinesio-Taping Acupressure, lymphatic Stimulation and Nervous System/Neurological work as well as a variety of Massage Techniques. Sam starts with a thorough holistic and structural assessment to achieve positive outcomes with each individual, helping clients reach their goals and keeping them at the center of each treatment.
Appointments for 45, 60, 90 and 120 mins available - Book Here
Samantha also founded and offers FHT Diplomas in Level 3 Massage and Sports Therapy Accredited Therapy Courses in Massage, Deep Tissue, Advanced Bodywork and Hot Stone Deep Tissue from Coastal Therapies Training.
- "Neck and shoulder feel great, this massage wasn't painful and my pain level is 0… Sam is brilliant."Lyne Ackland
- "Sam's treatments never feel rushed and I can really feel the long-term benefits after each appointment. I would thoroughly recommend!"Emily Davison
- "I would highly recommend Sam if you have any type of sports injury or muscular issues. …a highly qualified and professional massage therapist with extensive knowledge…"Claire Spearman
- "Sam's experience, intuition and knowledge within the complementary field for me enables her to use and blend different approaches and techniques in each session…"Lucian Corp
- "Coming from Thailand I found it hard to get effective massages in the UK but Sam has great hands and knows the body well."Thongsay Stevenson
- "Sam's treatments are amazing, intuitive, responsive, relaxing and nurturing."Tanya
- "I have been having Sam's treatments for many years for various sport and work related injuries. … She always gets good results."Ben Byrom
- "I'm so happy to have discovered Sam and her magical, miracle working hands. The best massage I've had in North Devon since moving here 10 years ago. I would recommend her to anyone needing deep tissue treatment, and I look forward to trying other treatments Sam offers too! 5 stars from me!"Bianca Robinson
- "Samantha is an absolute miracle worker and has worked wonders with her Bowen and deep tissue massage work. As an athlete this is my go-to place and Sam is part of my regular Regime to allow me to perform at my very best."Nicki Carter
- "Whether it's for sports recovery, injury rehab, or just relaxation, Samantha is fantastic. Her massages always feel personalised, intuitive and full of good energy. I've been recommending her to everyone I know!"Fred stone
- "Sam tailor makes the massage to your needs and each time I have been I come out being able to move better, feeling less stressed and with a better and clearer train of thought. What an amazing and talented lady, a very caring person."Sally Baker
Samantha has worked in the Health and Social Care sector and has been a tutor for alternative education for a combined 18 years.
She has been practising bodywork for eight years both privately and within local clinics. She has passionately trained in many modalities of bodywork and complementary therapies She believes Bowen, Manual Therapy and Massage are powerful and profound therapies which can assist not only physical rehabilitation but also energetic and emotional recovery. Each treatment is tailored to the individual’s ever-changing needs.
Bodywork is her passion: helping people with pain, postural dysfunction, injuries and muscle tension, whether this is caused by physical, emotional trauma, or repetitive activities.
Alongside an in-depth structural assessment, she uses a variety of manual therapy techniques including: Sports Therapy techniques, Fascial work, Dry Needling, mobilisations, Acupressure, Lymphatic work and Nervous system questioning; as well as a variety of Massage techniques from around the world.
Working from her studio in Braunton, set in a relaxed environment, Sam starts with a thorough holistic and structural assessment to achieve positive outcomes with each individual, alongside a home care package and treatment plan for maximum results.